Students reflect on first nine weeks

This image was accessed via Google Images under the Creative Commons License

A picture of Trinity High School. Keep working hard everyone!

Trinity students have made it through the first nine weeks! Even after the uncertainty and difficult changes 2020 has introduced, Trinity students have shown their tenacity and resilience throughout the past few months. 

“It’s not an easy task to take everything you know and love about school and turn it upside down. I think students are taking the changes in stride and making the most of their educational experiences,” Mrs. Hartley stated, offering a positive outlook on the beginning of the school year. 

Hartley feels that the greatest challenge for teachers this year is adjusting to Canvas, Trinity’s new virtual learning platform. Teachers began using Canvas only a few days before it was introduced to students. Even as an educator, Hartley is still discovering new ways to utilize the learning management system. 

For students, the greatest challenge moving forward is communication. Asking for clarification and assistance in class was difficult for students before the COVID-19 outbreak. In the midst of the current situation, that deficiency is now amplified, and some students are becoming frustrated or confused as a result. Moving forward, it is important that students communicate with their teachers in order to create the best possible learning environment. The bottom line is – if you have a question, ask.

“Your weekend does not start on Thursday. Utilize Friday as a working day.  Check Skyward to see if you have missing assignments, complete assignments that you may have put off, or get a jump start on the next assignment. You will feel so much more prepared and less stressed come Monday morning,” Hartley advises. 

The recent shutdown has made studies even more challenging, but hopefully Trinity students can keep up the same energy and continue performing well, even as we remain uncertain. 

It’s already the month of November, take that as encouragement that we are getting through this difficult time despite having to work virtually. We can do this!