Students support community during COVID-19

This image was accessed via Google Images under the Creative Commons License

By working together with the community, a difference can be made to fight against COVID-19 and support each other.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, supporting local businesses and helping the community would be a good deed. Although everyone is asked to remain at home and stay socially distanced, people and their businesses need help more than ever during these times. 

There are several ways to get involved and give back to those in need while staying safe. 

Places such as food banks, homeless shelters and the City Mission will always appreciate donations, as long as everything is sanitized and the proper guidelines are followed. Trinity High School´s food pantry for students is always accepting donations to support students and families in times of need.

Small acts of kindness towards loved ones or neighbors can help tremendously. Acts such as waving to neighbors, going shopping for anyone in quarantine and video chatting with loved ones if it’s not possible to see them are all ways to support the community and brighten up someone’s day. 

Small businesses in the area may be struggling, so order out from a local restaurant instead of a chain restaurant to help community members. Also, tip delivery drivers or make donations to small businesses to aid them in keeping their businesses open. 

These small gestures can have a big impact in the community, and it will also contribute to a positive mindset in hard, isolated times like these.