Senior Profile: Charlotte Magon

Charlotte+is+continuing+her+education+at+Indiana+University+of+Pennsylvania+where+she+will+study+Speech+Language+Pathology.+Good+luck%2C+Charlotte%21+
Photo courtesy of Charlotte Magon.
Charlotte is continuing her education at Indiana University of Pennsylvania where she will study Speech Language Pathology. Good luck, Charlotte!
  • What is your position on “The Hiller”?

Sports Editor.

• Why did you become a part of the staff and how long have you been on it?

This is my first year. I took Journalism 1 my junior year and Addison Paul influenced me to join the staff this year. 

• Which article was your favorite and why?

I’ve liked writing them all but my favorite has to be my article titled “Students with special needs are brewing up some business.”

• How has being a part of “The Hiller” impacted you?

I feel like I’ve grown really close with the girls on the staff and I consider all of them my best friends. It also connected me to the Trinity community because doing interviews and writing articles about the school has allowed me to become more informed.

• What is your favorite memory of “The Hiller” throughout your time on staff?

I really liked our little Valentine’s Day party, but I would also say every day because it’s always so fun to be around this group of people.

• What have you learned from journalism?

I’ve learned how to write a formal article and I have expanded my word choice. I have also learned how to put myself out there because of interviews.

• What will you miss most about journalism?

I’m definitely going to miss the sense of community in here, but I’m definitely not going to miss the deadlines.

• What is your best word of advice for the staff members?

Take a chance with anything you do and never miss the chance to do something you wouldn’t normally do. Make all of the connections you can because you never know when you’ll need them; and, always be kind.

• How many red pens do you think Mrs. O’Lare has used when grading your articles?

More than she should have.

• Do you have anything else to add/final words to the staff members?

No.