DeRubbo takes lacrosse talent to next level

DeRubbo is looking forward to his next four years at YCP. DeRubbo’s twin brother, Dante DeRubbo, who is attending W&J in the Fall, wishes his brother the best of luck. The brothers are both committed to colleges for sports and are talented athletes who will have the opportunity to succeed in high-level schooling.
Photo courtesy of Dominic DeRubbo.

Lacrosse is a tough sport to get involved in, not only physically but also mentally. Luckily, that hasn’t stopped Trinity High School Senior Dominic DeRubbo. The York College of Pennsylvania (YCP) has recruited him to play on their lacrosse team this upcoming season.

Along with playing lacrosse, DeRubbo is majoring in political science and minoring in English. He is extremely excited to continue his education at YCP due to their impressive instruction and outstanding athletics. Recently, DeRubbo had the opportunity to meet with the players on the lacrosse team, whom he found to be very inviting and friendly. He is looking forward to playing with his new teammates in the Fall. 

DeRubbo’s love for lacrosse began when he was in 4th grade. His mother introduced him to the women’s lacrosse coach who brought DeRubbo a stick and encouraged him to try it. From there, lacrosse became DeRubbo’s passion, and over time, he developed a talent for the sport. 

His favorite part about lacrosse is how fast-paced the sport is. He enjoys the sportsmanship and competitiveness that comes with it. DeRubbo has always been inspired by not only his teammates but also his coaches and various college athletes. His goal is to live up to their talent and to continue to improve because he believes that there is always room for improvement. DeRubbo’s father has been his biggest hype man, and he is always encouraging him to be better, not only in lacrosse but also in life. 

His goals exceed more than just lacrosse. DeRubbo’s plan is to take the necessary classes to graduate and eventually enter law school to hopefully become a lawyer. He knows that the world needs good people in places of power, and he believes that he will be a great addition to the justice system when the time comes. 

One of his favorite hobbies is skiing, and luckily, YCP has local ski hills available to students. Living in Washington, PA, the skiing is farther away, so he is looking forward to embracing his hobby more often in York, Pennsylvania. DeRubbo is also interested in the art of thrifting. This hobby includes embracing interesting styles of clothing and inspiring others to dress outside the box and be different. 

He encourages people to “not be like everyone else because life is too short.”

Trinity is looking forward to watching DeRubbo succeed in lacrosse and his career. Good luck, Dom!