5 best seasonal jobs for teenagers

Many places around Washington are hiring, regardless of where students decide to apply; however, a work permit is necessary for people under 18. To get a work permit, stop by Mrs. Muraco’s office.
This image was accessed via Google Images under the Creative Commons License.

Interested in some holiday money to spend on presents for family or friends, try a seasonal job! Finding a job can be a treacherous task, from searching for a job with a good work environment to good employee discounts. In no particular order, here are five teenage-friendly jobs.

5. Chico Baccello – This option is for someone who loves coffee and company. They pay an average of $11 per hour for teenagers. The indicated is a job perfect for someone who can only work Saturdays. Employees receive free beverages every shift. “Chico’s” work environment is positive and uplifting and perfect for a person who prefers a slower pace job.

4. Angelos – Angelos is for someone who is independent and looking for a formal job. They pay around $15 per hour and the job requires multitasking. The establishment offers after school hours, 4-9pm, which leaves time for homework and extracurriculars. Angelos is flexible and taking off of work is usually not an issue when it comes to school or family activities. Accordingly, the work environment is positive and fun and a free meal is given for each shift.

3. Chick-fil-A – This option is for someone who works well in a fast-paced environment. The pay starts at $10 for teenagers 15 and under and $12 for 16 and up. Chick-fil-A is perfect for people who are younger because they hire at age 14. They also offer a free meal each shift and have after school shifts as well as Saturday availability. Chick-fil-A is flexible with work hours and provides a safe and positive environment to work in.

2. Walmart – This option is for someone who wants to work flexible hours. They are open everyday of the week and offer shifts at any time of the day. The pay is an average of $15 per hour and begin hiring at age 16. Walmart offers discounts as well as having a fun atmosphere and opportunities to advance positions.

1. Starbucks – This option is for someone who has a passion for gourmet coffee and a busy morning rush! They begin hiring at age 16 and pay an average of $13 per hour. Starbucks offers multiple free drinks and snacks per shift. Employees receive a free pound of coffee or box of tea every week and get 30% off purchases of beverages, merchandise and food. Starbucks is a friendly and welcoming place to work and has flexible working hours.