Seniors celebrate New Year

There+is+a+long+road+ahead+for+students+to+travel+as+they+embark+on+their+journey+into+2023.+They+should+take+this+time+to+reflect+on+the+past+and+motivate+themselves+for+what+the+future+might+bring.+With+the+end+of+their+school+careers+coming+up%2C+seniors+especially+should+try+and+embrace+the+holiday.+

This image was accessed via Google Images under the Creative Commons License.

There is a long road ahead for students to travel as they embark on their journey into 2023. They should take this time to reflect on the past and motivate themselves for what the future might bring. With the end of their school careers coming up, seniors especially should try and embrace the holiday.

2023 is a monumental year for many seniors, considering that it will close the book on their high school career. Whether students are feeling excited or nostalgic about their time in high school, all can probably agree that 2023 will be a year of change for many of Trinity’s seniors. 

For some people, a way to keep any nerves or negative thoughts at bay is to think about or work on something positive. One way this can happen is through New Year’s Resolutions! 

New Year’s Resolutions can pertain to anything that a person might want. For example, they can include school goals, family goals or motivational techniques. They can be both internal and external as well, which opens the door for a wide variety of different ideas. 

“I am very excited to be leaving high school, and that’s not to say that I didn’t have a good high school experience. However, I feel that it’s time to move on and that I’m ready for a change,” Senior Alexia Caldwell said. 

Caldwell always rings in the New Year by enjoying a New Year’s Eve party at her house. She is able to go into each new era while surrounded by those close to her – family and friends – which she considers to be a beautiful tradition and a way to start off the new season with love and hope. 

While Caldwell does not partake in making “New Year’s Resolutions,” she does constantly strive to work on improving herself throughout the year, no matter what time of year it is. In 2023, Caldwell hopes to continue to develop various plans and ideas she has for this spring. She also hopes to be able to further her career, even before earning a degree in college. 

“I attempt to make New Year’s resolutions, but they don’t always stick throughout the entire year. For the next upcoming year, some of my goals include staying organized and putting my best efforts forward on whatever I do. Hopefully the new year will encourage me to change something that I dislike in my daily routine,” Senior Addison Agnew said. 

Agnew celebrates the New Year by going out to dinner with her family. Usually, she heads to a different party every year and watches the ball drop with a glass of sparkling grape juice in hand. She tries to end every year by having no regrets and holding hope for the future. 

While it is always important to be excited for the future, students shouldn’t miss out on what is going on all around them, in the present moment. It can be easy to become swept up in new activities, such as college or job planning, graduation parties and the mix of excitement and nerves that change can bring. But it is equally important to enjoy time right now, so that lasting memories can be made. 

“You should try and celebrate the New Year by making the most of it and trying to do everything you want to do,” Senior Zach Losko stated. 

Students should also take the opportunity to look back and reflect on the past year and their past achievements. 

With each year, certain aspects of life can change and improve, while others stay stagnant. It is always best to take each year as it comes – without wishing the time away or wishing that life was different. All students should try and enjoy celebrating 2023. It will be a year to remember!