Jones plans to graduate ahead of schedule

Rebekah Jones plans to graduate with the Senior Class after just three years of high school. Jones came up with and executed this plan so that she could continue onto Grove City College after she graduates.

Rebekah Jones will be attending Grove City College in the fall. (Photo courtesy of Rebekah Jones)

When going through her plans for after high school, Jones says, “I’m considering law school, and thought that doing three years of high school would help me be a professional in my field sooner.”

Jones plans on going to Grove City College because of its rigorous academics, career placement, internship opportunities and strong values. It also came highly recommended to her by trusted people and it isn’t too far or too close to home. Jones also likes the size of the college.

Jones plays tennis at Trinity, but this early graduation plan did not affect her sport very much, except for limiting her playing time to three years.

When Jones was reflecting on what motivated her to continue going through with this, she said, “The desire to go to college and prepare for law school ASAP pushed me to get this done.”

Jones was given much help by gifted teacher, Mrs. Hartley, and her guidance counselor; she had to meet with them to see if this was the right choice for her.  She also had to meet with the school board and Mr. Uram to get this plan approved because she needed to ensure she could take all the classes needed to graduate.

Generally, Jones would not recommend graduating early to other students because one must be extremely driven to complete this process. Additionally, it drastically changes one’s social life. Jones is no longer graduating with the group that she has been with throughout school, so graduating will be a bittersweet moment for her.

The Hiller staff wishes Jones good luck in her future journey and hopes that she has success in her future career path and in law school.