Trinity Jazz Band takes stage

Trinity+High+School+is+always+open+to+new+musical+groups+such+as+the+Jazz+Band+and+Shirley+Tempos.+Getting+involved+in+musical+groups+can+help+students+make+new+friends+and+have+new+experiences.+These+groups+are+always+open+to+new+additions.+
Addison Paul
Trinity High School is always open to new musical groups such as the Jazz Band and Shirley Tempos. Getting involved in musical groups can help students make new friends and have new experiences. These groups are always open to new additions.

The Trinity Jazz Band is a small but mighty musical activity at the high school. The band is a club and it is open to anyone who has the heart to play an instrument. 

The band was formed last year by a few students in concert band who were looking for another outlet for their musical talent. The students enjoy the smaller band ensemble, which was created so they could learn more intricate pieces for their concerts and promote jazz at Trinity High School. 

Nathan Sander, a senior in the jazz band said, “I joined jazz band because I had always wanted to be a part of a smaller band ensemble.”

They have a variety of instruments such as the trumpet, clarinet and flugelhorn. They have multiple grades of students, making it a very diverse and close knit-community. 

The group rehearses every Tuesday during homeroom and is led by Junior Kadie Novogradac. She leads the group in running through different sections of the music and then playing through all of the music as a group. 

Novogradac said that her favorite part of facilitating the jazz band is that she is “able to collaborate with everyone on things. And, as someone in charge, I try and make sure everyone is included and has a voice in the jazz band.” 

She encourages students to join and recommends anyone interested to join the Remind by emailing her at novogradack@trinityhillers.net.

The goals for this year consists of having good performances and being able to continue jazz band into future years. Members want to excite the community about the dying art of jazz. 

The students involved have a heart for jazz and want to inspire the next generation to love it as well. 

This year, the jazz band will be making their debut by playing their first performance at the high school on December 18, more information about the concerts will be released shortly from the music department. They will be playing “All I Want For Christmas is You,” “Carol of the Bells” and “Home for the Holidays.” The jazz band will also have a spring performance on May 21, 2024. The jazz band encourages people to attend their performances.