Teachers reflect on THS Seniors

Herr McLaughlin’s German V Class stands together for a class picture. The class has allowed each of these students to know and connect to Herr McLaughlin on a personal level. From left: Ashleigh Tuite, Riley Dunn, Hannah Tiederman, Brett Phillips, Herr McLaughlin, Andrew Harshman, Olivia Herrnberger and Sierra Craig.

These past few years have not been easy with the outbreak of coronavirus and instability across the world.  Despite all the hardships, particularly the coronavirus, throughout their high school careers, the THS Seniors have braved these circumstances and have come out better because of them. Teachers have particularly appreciated the class’ tenacity, ambition, intelligence and kindness.

The Hiller spoke with many teachers on a variety of topics, from how the students have grown to the impacts the coronavirus pandemic had on their high school careers. Follow the hyperlinks below to learn what the teachers had to say as they prepare to say goodbye to the Class of 2023. 

How seniors handled the pandemic

Opinion of seniors

How seniors have matured                         

Close relationships with seniors

How seniors have opened up                     

How seniors overcame challenges

How teachers want to be remembered   

Seniors’ future impact on the world

Wisdom and advice for seniors                 

Final thoughts

The Hiller staff stand and smile together for a holiday-themed photo. Everyone is so excited for the holiday season! Back row left to right: Leah Kubacka, Emma Riddell, Hannah Eisiminger, Addison Paul, Riley Dunn, Alyssa Wells and Emma Liggett. Front row left to right: Zoe Neelen, Abigail Drezewski, Dresden Bouman, Aiden DeWalt.
Not pictured: Hunter Spears