Toni&Guy graduates prepare for career in cosmetics and esthetics

Photo courtesy of Meghan Artuso

The Toni&Guy graduates pose for a picture at Spa Harmony on one of their field trips in October to salons in the area such as Geno Levi Salon, Phillip Pelusi Salon, DryBar and Frenchies Modern Nail Care to learn more about the successful operations of business in salons.

Toni&Guy is a cosmetology program offered through Trinity where students attend Penn Commercial to complete 1,250 hours in order to pass their boards and graduate with a cosmetology license for free. While there, students will learn hair, nails and esthetics, an esthetician is someone who specializes in skin beautification, they perform services such as facials, chemical peels, waxing, lash extensions, etc. 

Meghan Artuso, Tianti Spinosi, Julia Naser and Emilee Davis are the senior class at Toni&Guy. Each of them will be styling their way into different paths after graduation to start their careers in the industry. 

Spinosi spoke on her experience: ¨Toni&Guy has helped prepare me after high school by teaching me to adapt to a salon environment and what to expect while working in the cosmetology field.¨

Davis and Naser plan on furthering their education beyond cosmetology and getting into esthetics, whereas Artuso and Spinosi are focusing on cosmetology. 

Artuso chose to sit for her state board test at 900 hours and passed. She now has a full-time job working at Beauty Bungalow PGH as a nail technician. 

Artuso talked about her time at Toni&Guy: ¨It has taught me to grow up a little bit quicker since I’m going from graduating high school to a full time job in 2 weeks.¨

All four of these girls have worked tirelessly toward their education and will continue to grow themselves as they carry on into the future of their careers. 

Davis gave advice to any future student who is considering the Toni&Guy program: ¨Don’t let other people judge you in this career! Being yourself and having your own personal skills will make you thrive and make you stand out! There are so many opportunities in this career to go about so don’t give up!¨

Toni&Guy is a great pathway to take for students who are interested in entering the cosmetology and esthetic industry, students can be licensed right as they graduate high school!