Teachers prepare for spring concerts

The Trinity music department prepares for its upcoming spring concerts. May brings excitement for the Trinity band, orchestra, and concert choir as they preform their spring concert.

Trinity High School Band Facebook

The Trinity music department is preparing for their 2022 spring concerts and the countdown is on for teachers to get their students ready to perform.
The band program at Trinity presents its concert on Tuesday, May 10 at 6:30 p.m. in the high school auditorium. They will be playing a variety of pieces such as “Fight or Flight” by Jim Casella, “Danny Boy” arranged by Warren Barker, “Pokemon Theme” arranged by Paul Murtha, “Some treasures are heavy with human tears” by John Mackey and “Breaking Through” by Brian Balmages.
Mr. Hilty, the band director, is looking forward to watching his students show off all of the hard work they have done this school year. According to him, this years’ concert includes fairly difficult pieces and the band is doing a great job learning and performing this music. He is most excited for his students to perform “Breaking Through” as it is a very interesting piece and show stopper, which is why they plan to perform it at the end of the band concert. They are preparing for the concert with daily rehearsals during school with a couple of scheduled after school rehearsals to put the whole ensemble together.
The orchestra program at Trinity invites everyone to come out for their concert on Tuesday, May 3 at 6:30 p.m. in the high school auditorium. They will be performing “Celtic Air and Jig” by John Mock, “The Mandalorian” arranged by Robert Longfield, “Themes from Symphony No. 3 “Eroica”” arranged by Robert Longfield, “Waltz of the Wicked” by Kirt N. Mosier and “Arith-Metric No. 1” by Brian Balmages.
Hilty, the temporary orchestra director said, “Arith-Metric” is their prize piece and “it is different in the fact it is like one of those books where you choose your path. So no performance or rehearsal of this piece is ever the same because of the way it’s written.”
Last but not least, the concert choir is excited to preform their concert on Thursday, May 12 at 6:30 p.m. in the high school auditorium. They are planning on presenting “Simple Gifts,” “Put a Little Love in your heart (with Love Train),” “Turn the World Around, I Feel A Change is Coming” and they are performing “There is More Love” and “Thank you for being a friend” with the honors chamber choir.
Mr. Komula, the choir director, is most excited for the song “Thank you for being a friend,” which is the theme for the television show Golden Girls, because it is dedicated to the seniors and he feels that it is timely with the recent passing of Betty White.
To prepare for the upcoming concert, they rehearse daily in choir classes and they are working on singing everything from memory.
Komula said, “I believe music class is important to the overall development of all students. Whether it is playing an instrument or singing.”
The music department as a whole would love to see everyone come and support the musical students at Trinity High School.