New Esports club at Trinity, not just “playing games”

This image was accessed via Google Images under the Creative Commons License

In Esports club, games such as Rocket League, League of Legends, and Madden will be played in competitions. Students will use Xboxes, PlayStations, Nintendo Switches, and streaming components to play these games.

Esports is a new club being offered at Trinity High school this school year to provide a new experience to students who have a passion for competitive video games.
Esports is not just “playing games.” The club provides a competitive way for students to be creative and do something they love.

The club will consist of a variety of students who will complete drills and work to better themselves and their gaming abilities. There will be both a junior varsity and a varsity team.
Students will be playing the video games Rocket League, League of Legends and Madden.
Competitions will occur weekly and will virtually participated with other schools around the world.
Trinity bought 10 brand-new, top-of-the-line computers for this program as well as Xboxes, PlayStations, Nintendo Switches and streaming components.

This year, Mr. Scarmazzi will be overseeing the club, and he is excited to get to work with the students.
The club will need members who want to work together and use critical thinking and problem solving skills, all while having fun.
Alana LaRue, a freshman at Trinity, is grateful that she will have something to look forward to at the end of the day. LaRue is excited to be able to play different kinds of games and gain better control when she plays video games.
Jerrod Catlin, also a freshman at Trinity, loves to play games and hang out with friends.
When asked what he was most excited for, Catlin said, “How to destroy kids in video games!”
Catlin works well with a team and is really looking forward to a new after school club.

Any students who is not signed up for the esports club, but wants to be, can contact Scarmazzi by emailing him at dscarmazzi@trinityhillers.net. The club is planning on starting in mid-September.
Trinity is looking forward to seeing what the esports club will accomplish this year!