Trinity cross country dominates season

Photo Courtesy of Kaylee Foringer.

All the girls and boys on the team pose together after winning an away meet at South Fayette High School.

The boys’ and girls’ cross country team finished off a great season, participating in a total of 11 meets. They ran in nine away meets and two home meets against Chartiers-Houston, Keystone Oaks, Moon and Upper St. Clair High School. They ultimately wrapped up their season by advancing to WPIALS, the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League.

The team also finished off by placing second in their section at the Washington County Coaches Meet on October 17 at Mingo Park. This meet was hosted by Ringgold High School. 

The team is coached by Donald Zimak, and this year’s seniors are: Nicholas Hrabik, Dan Bouvy, Zachary Losko and Cole Suchoza. The captains are Hrabik, Junior Kaylee Foringer and Junior Ben Papson. 

This year’s WPIALS were held on October 27 at Roadman Park on the PennWest University campus. Those who participated included Papson, Bouvy, Hrabik, Suchoza, Losko, Foringer, John Garcia, Andy Ciampa, Richard Lambert and Timberly Gardner. The boys finished in 17th place, and the girls finished in 21st place in the AAA Division.

Captain Hrabik gives advice for any incoming runners: “Consistency and practice are both most important to improving your performance as a runner.”

Trinity’s biggest rival is Canon-McMillan High School. The boys were able to beat them in WPIALS this year, but unfortunately the girls lost to them. 

Captain Papson says, “Our favorite memory was beating Baldwin and running in the thunderstorms at Canon Mac.”

Both the girls’ and boys’ cross country teams had great runs this season. They accomplished great things, and hopefully their achievements will carry on next season at Trinity High School.