Student of the Month: September

Maria Cimino

It is my pleasure to nominate Maria Cimino as THS Student of the Month for September.

Maria was an extremely conscientious student in my tenth grade Honors English class. She was always cooperative, respectful, and ready with a sense of humor; her love of reading and impressive writing skills singled her out as a top student among her peers. Through my many interactions with her over the last three years, I have witnessed her being a true role model for our student body.

Maria’s dedication and excellence extends outside of the classroom as well. She is a peer tutor, a member of the German Club and STEAM team, and is a student leader as Co-Editor in Chief of both our school newspaper and Literary Journal.  In particular, Maria extended her writing talent beyond class assignments by submitting articles and getting published in our local newspaper; in this capacity, she has been a strong representative of the student body and has highlighted our good works to the community. Moreover, she is a volunteer teacher at her dance studio and holds down a part-time job. Participating in a rigorous academic schedule as well as extracurricular endeavors, Maria proves she can balance a demanding schedule while maintaining success.

Most notably, I have been impressed by her overall character and integrity. Maria holds high expectations for herself, which is clearly evident in the conscientious way she approaches any task. I can always count on her to be positive, cooperative, and respectful; her willingness to work hard and to seek opportunities to extend her learning beyond the classroom distinguishes her from the rest of her class. It is obvious that she has the respect and admiration of both her teachers and peers. She is an obvious choice for THS Student of the Month.

Nominated by Ms. Kristen Shaw