Class of 2024 prepares to graduate

Photos of students having fun throughout the school year at school events like football and volleyball games as well as pep rallies. Congratulations class of 2024!
Photo courtesy of Dresden Bouman and @TheHillernewspaper on Instagram

Every year, students either dread or look forward to walking through the gates and down the hill to receive their high school diploma. After four years, students can feel the pride from all of their accomplishments over the years. The countless hours of hard work have paid off. 

Leading up to graduation, the school planned several events to commemorate this achievement.

On May 24, senior light-up night started at 6:00 p.m. Community members and families with senior students lit up and decorated their homes to celebrate the graduating class. Yard signs were also made available to every member of the senior class who requested one.

On May 28, at 5:30 p.m., an Awards Night was held to honor specific students who have met certain standards. Students and their families met in the high school in the auditorium for the awards night to commence. At the ceremony, students were given awards from department subject heads and members of the community.

May 31 was not only the seniors’ last official day of high school, but it also was the night of prom.  The Grand March started at 4:00 p.m. in the high school auditorium and the dinner/dance portion began at 6:00 p.m in the ballroom at the Hilton Garden Inn at Southpointe. The theme for prom was “A Night of a Thousand Lights” and all students in attendance had a memorable experience. 

On June 3 at 8:15 a.m., the seniors had the traditional class meeting with the juniors to view the senior class video created by Zoe Neelen and Dresden Bouman and pass down the iconic ladder.  After the meeting, students enjoyed taco and pizza food trucks, rolled ice cream and Crazy Horse Coffee for the annual Senior Class Picnic. Activities such as corn hole, pickleball and other field activities were available for seniors to partake in. 

After years of anticipation, on Friday, June 7, the student graduation ceremony will be held at the high school on the front lawn. Each student is given six tickets and one parking pass. The ceremony starts at 5:15 p.m. and students are asked to arrive at 4:30 p.m. The valedictorians, senior class officers and the school administration will speak and then each student will be asked to walk down the lawn to receive their much-awaited high shool diploma. After the ceremony, students and families are welcome to take pictures. 

This year’s ceremony will be especially unique since the class of 2024 is the 100th class to graduate from Trinity High School. 

With all of the students leaving, some of the teachers have advice for the senior class.

“Enjoy every moment. Don’t sweat the small stuff and embrace your mistakes,” says Mrs. McCarthy.

Mrs. Pegram urges seniors to “network network network. You never know when a conversation you are having now will pay off later.”

Some of the teachers have also shared their favorite things about the senior class.

“Their resilience. I have watched them go through COVID as freshmen and turn into smart and mature seniors,” comments Mr. Polansky. 

“I started working at Trinity when the senior class was in kindergarten. It has been super special to watch them grow up as I have worked here,” says Pegram. 

As a Trinity senior myself, I would advise the underclassmen to enjoy every moment they can because these years really do fly by. 

Being part of the Hiller newspaper has been the highlight of my time here at Trinity. Being able to write for The Hiller has brought me to some of my closest friends and has allowed me to travel outside of my comfort zone as well as meet and talk to new people. Looking back on the past four years, the moments spent with my classmates have been super special and they are something I will hold close to my heart forever. With this being said, congratulations to my fellow class of 2024 classmates! After graduation and whatever comes next, I wish everyone the best of luck. Thank you, Trinity!

Zoe Neelen, signing out.