Nostalgic graduation episodes bring back memories for graduates

High+School+students+throw+their+caps+as+they+move+on+to+the+next+chapter+of+their+lives.+Sometimes%2C+high+school+students+watch+these+episodes+to+feel+a+sense+of+comfort+before+graduation.+
Photo via Google Images under the Creative Commons License
High School students throw their caps as they move on to the next chapter of their lives. Sometimes, high school students watch these episodes to feel a sense of comfort before graduation.

With graduation right around the corner, Disney probably doesn’t come to mind. However, multiple episodes about graduation evoke memories in students preparing to end their journey in high school. These Disney graduation episodes are ranked according to how much emotion they hold and how real the episode is. 

1. Wizards of Waverly Place: “Wizards vs. Asteroids”

This episode of “Wizards of Waverly Place” discusses an asteroid hurtling toward Earth, and the Russo siblings have to go fix the missile that hit the asteroid earlier. A small part of the asteroid hits the safe that held Alex’s records that said she could not graduate, meaning that she could technically graduate from high school. Though this episode isn’t about graduation until the end, it can still bring some nostalgia to upcoming graduates. 

1. Hannah Montana: “I am Mamaw, Hear Me Roar!”

“I am Mamaw, Hear Me Roar!” is an episode about when Miley’s grandma comes to town for her graduation to spend time with Miley before she goes to college. The ideas of leaving your loved ones before college is a topic some people feel deeply about, and this episode shows that. 

1. Austin and Ally: “Cap and Gown and Can’t Be Found”

This episode is about Ally needing to return a library book that she lent to Austin in order to graduate. Austin can’t find the book, so he stages a fake graduation as a music video so Ally can still give her speech. The episode doesn’t show the actual graduation, but the end is bittersweet for all of the Austin and Ally fans. 

1. Suite Life on Deck: “Graduation on Deck”

“Graduation on Deck” is about Mr. Tipton selling the ship. This means that Zack and Cody’s graduation will be their last memories while on the S.S. Tipton. All of their friends and their girlfriends are going in different directions, but the twins have each other. Zack and Cody leave the people they’ve known for so long, and that can be relatable to many graduates. 

1. Boy Meets World: “Graduation”

This “Boys Meets World” episode discusses how upset Cory is that Topanga is going to Yale and Shawn doesn’t care about graduating. Topanga decides to not go to Yale and Shawn looks back at his high school experience, thinking he could have done better. This episode has the most emotion and reality than the other four episodes that are ranked, hence its spot at number one.

As odd as it is, there are several Disney shows that deal with graduation. Watching these nostalgic shows can help graduating students become ready for life after graduation. Congratulations, Class of 2024!