Students make everlasting memories with senior trips

Photo courtesy of Ava Bash.
Pictured above are Nila Bland, Timberly Gardner and Ava Bash enjoying their senior trip to Aruba at their favorite restaurant, Gianni’s.

During each student’s senior year, it’s common to take a senior trip in order to make memories of their final year before students go their separate ways to wherever their life takes them. When the time comes to part ways with the old high school life and welcome the next step into adulthood, making new memories and documenting fun adventures with friends and family has proven to be a fantastic way of making the most of the last few months of one’s high school career. 

Many students choose to take friends along on their senior trip as a way of celebrating the cherished friendships they have made over the years. Not only does this provide a way for students to make lasting memories with their friends, but it also serves as a way to embark on one last adventure before the end of their high school careers. Getting a group of friends together and going on a simple road trip or an extravagant excursion is a surefire way to bond with friends before beginning a new chapter in life.

Senior Allison Kulla comments that her senior trip will be spent with about 20 other people including friends and family. She is excited to announce that she will be going on a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and Amber Cove this summer as a way of forming new memories before beginning her life in college.

“It is important to me to go on this trip because it is a great opportunity to explore new areas and see new places I’ve never seen before, but also an opportunity to travel with close family and friends before the start of a new chapter in my life! Soon after the trip my sisters and I will be moving out to college and life is going to be a lot different, so I think going on this trip with all of the people I love most is a great way to end this chapter in my life and start a new one!” Kulla notes.

Graduation usually entails moving away from home and family, which is an extremely difficult hurdle to overcome. There’s no doubt that transitioning from living at home with parents and siblings to living alone in a college dorm is difficult. This is why some seniors choose to take their trips with family in order to cherish the last time they will be seeing their families before living on their own.

Senior Ava Bash traveled with friends and family in October 2023 to Aruba.

“We had the best week there; we ate amazing food, tanned on the beach all week and we even kayaked to another island near Aruba. We decided to go on a senior trip to remember our senior year together and to get in some of our last high school memories,” Bash recalls.

Before closing this chapter of life, consider taking the time to take a trip as simple as a road trip to a new place with friends, family or even alone. Going on senior trips is the best way to use all the time possible to spend with loved ones before starting life after high school.