Student of the Month: May – Ethan Clawson

It is my pleasure to nominate Ethan Clawson for THS Student of the Month. Ethan was a student in my Emerging Worlds class; throughout his time in my class, Ethan impressed me with his positivity, community involvement, and dedication to his academics and personal growth.

Ethan always has a smile on his face and something positive to say. His positive makes him an excellent classmate to his peers and helps improve the classroom environment. He is highly encouraging of his classmates, even those he might not be close friends with. After presentations in Emerging Worlds, Ethan always told his classmates they did a good job. Ethan’s optimism and desire to work towards personal goals were refreshing and impactful on our classroom climate! His encouragement and positive attitude greatly influence those around him as we build a proud Trinity community!

Ethan is also active in the Trinity High School and Washington, PA community. Ethan is involved in numerous and diverse activities in the high school. He is a founding member of the Be Your Difference club, a group that focuses on building healthy habits and body images. This is yet another example of Ethan’s positivity and desire to lift his peers. Ethan participates in many school events like the Volleyball and Dodgeball tournaments we had this year. Ethan is also a trumpet player in the school band. Ethan’s involvement extends into athletics as well. Ethan is very actively involved in the new intramural program in both the fall and winter and plays tennis on the Trinity High School Boys Tennis Team in the Spring. Ethan demonstrates his leadership skills in this area as well, serving as the team captain in his Junior and Senior years. 

Ethan’s community engagement extends beyond the high school. Ethan regularly volunteers with the Salvation Army and enjoys participating in their “Love in a Bag” program.

Finally, I nominate Ethan due to his dedication. Ethan is a very hard worker. He does a commendable job setting goals and working towards them. This is evident in his academic success in Emerging Worlds. Ethan was very good about communicating with me and taking personal responsibility for his work and grades. Ethan is also dedicated to his self-improvement and growth in everything he does. This is clear in his participation in the Be Your Difference club, his interest in fitness and weight training, and the hours he spends training for tennis in his off-season.

It is for these reasons that I nominate Ethan Clawson for Trinity High School Student of the Month!

Nominated by Mrs. Kate Zivanovich.