Students make change with V!ng

Photo courtesy of Mrs. Giorgi
Pictured above is Cicely Sunseri and Principal Knause. With all the money combined together from all of the V!ng winners, Trinity students have earned an cumulative amount of over $20,000 for people in need. As students give back at V!ng, it inspires a new generation of caring individuals. Great job, Hillers!

Trinity High School’s leadership club, TLC, has always made a point to help people whenever they could, so when Trinity was introduced to V!ng, they set out to make change. At the time of publication, Trinity students have won 20 V!ng’s, and more are being completed all the time.

Trinity was introduced to V!ng through Multiplying Good, a world-wide philanthropy organization the school is involved in. A variety of different grant and volunteer opportunities come to Trinity’s attention through them.

The V!ng project was created to empower teens to make a difference in the lives of those around them. It was founded by Liz and Eric Lefkofsky and is funded by the Lefkofsky Family Foundation as a part of their mission to give back. V!ng is able to provide students with $1000 to give to a person in need. The project’s desire is to provide young people with the confidence to lead with generosity and compassion. It is “a giving movement that empowers teens to help others,” as stated on the V!ng website. 

Cicely Sunseri, a V!ng ambassador, said, “V!ng made me feel like I made a difference in someone’s life who was struggling at the moment. I was able to help them feel recognized and appreciated.”

V!ng originally began as “female to female empowerment,” which was the promotion when the Archwell Foundation was partnered with V!ng. At this time, anyone and everyone (ages 14–18) is welcome and encouraged to nominate another in need.

When students complete a V!ng, they complete a form of general information, a write-up of why they are nominating this person, and a short video explaining their reason for the nomination and why the person deserves it.

Mrs. Giorgi, a club leader at TLC, said, “I am so proud of all of these students! I have truly enjoyed watching the process each student goes through. They start with nerves of presenting, then nerves of hoping their nominee wins. It moves to excitement when they learn they won, then to the anticipation of presenting. Finally, there are typically tears of joy when the student is able to feel how impactful their nomination was, along with gratitude from the recipient. It is wonderful to witness!”

V!ng is still accepting submissions. The nominee requirements are that they must be over 18, a U.S. resident, not a part of the applicant’s family and are involved in a circumstance that requires financial assistance. Students interested in participating can visit this link to apply: https://vingproject.org/nominate-now/.

Sunseri said, “V!NG is an amazing program which spreads joy and kindness throughout the world.”