Student of the Month: December – Tyler Johnson

It is my pleasure to nominate Tyler Johnson for THS Student of the Month for December.

Tyler was a student in my Honors Pre-Calculus class, and a four-year officer in the Student Council. Tyler is a fantastic example of what comes to mind when you think of a model student and kind kid. He has a strong work ethic, is self-motivated, and is an independent thinker and a friend to all. Tyler never gives up when he does not understand the material or encounters a difficult situation. Additionally, Tyler does not hesitate to help fellow students whether it is in class, during homeroom, lunch or whenever the need arises.

While maintaining high academic achievement with multiple AP/Honors classes this past year, Tyler is also extremely involved in Student Council, the prom committee, FBLA, the  Superintendent’s Advisory Council, and the Chick-Fil-A Leader Academy. Tyler is consistent in making the Honor Roll each nine weeks and achieving optimum success in his classes.

In addition to school organizations, Tyler is a dedicated and gifted soccer player and a member of our varsity golf team. For his high school soccer team, Tyler has earned team captain and All Section recognitions. He was an integral part of the golf team this year that won the section championship.

Additionally, Tyler has worked as a bag boy at Lone Pine Country Club for three years and has operated his own lawn care business for two. Tyler’s involvement in multiple activities and organizations within Trinity High School, while working, demonstrate that he is very good at time management. He always completes work ahead of deadlines and in a timely fashion.

In summary, Tyler Johnson is a well-rounded, reliable, and dedicated young man who is worthy of the recognition as December’s THS Student of the Month.

Nominated by Mrs. Erin Thornburg