Q&A with Assistant Principal Mr. Knause

Courtesy of Leah Kubacka

Assistant principal sits at his desk in the Main Office. In addition to serving as assistant principal, Mr. Knause is also the head coach of the Trinity football team.

Q: Is there anything you’d like everyone to know about your personality?

A: I have a rough exterior, but all I want is for students to learn and grow.

Q: When and how did you realize you wanted to become a school administrator?

A: I taught for 19 years and other opportunities arose when others saw the potential in me to become an administrator.

Q: What do you believe it takes to become an assistant principal?

A: I think a strong work ethic, good teaching abilities and encouragement towards the students to learn to reach their full potential is crucial in my position.

Q: What are some qualities that you think benefit you most in your line of work? 

A: The fact that I am caring, consistent and fair is the most beneficial for my job.
Q: What kind of schooling would someone need to go through in order to have the best chance at having your job? 

A: Personally, I have my Master’s degree in athletic administration, a Bachelor’s in education,  a principal certification, and special education certification, so schooling including those would need to be considered.

Q: What type of jobs do you do here on a daily basis?

A: I sponsor the National Honor Society, deal with disciplinary issues,  take on a role in Rachel’s Challenge and building a positive school climate.
Q: What do you like most about Trinity High School?

A: I’ve always loved the high school level and how the students are young adults. Trinity just feels like a family atmosphere. 

Q: What activities or hobbies do you enjoy outside of your job?

A: I thoroughly enjoy coaching and reading in my spare time.
Q: Who do you believe inspires you most here at the high school?

A: The students will always remain the most inspirational to me. They are our future leaders and I value all of their hard work and dedication.
Q: Who is your general role model in life?

A: Most often I find myself looking up to my parents, who I continue to strive to make proud. I also look up to some of my past coaches as a role model in my life.
Q: Is there anything else you would like to add?

A: I want Trinity to be known as an incredible learning environment. I also want to deliver a philosophy that I live by, which is to “make today count.” You have no idea what comes tomorrow and you can’t change the past, so you must make today count to the best of your ability.