Student of the Month: December – Kalvin Hrutkay

It is my pleasure to nominate Kalvin Hrutkay for THS Student of the Month for December.

I have had the pleasure of working with Kalvin Hrutkay over the course of the past 3 1⁄2 years in the Agricultural Production Programming and the Trinity FFA here at Trinity High School. Kalvin has a passion for agriculture, agriculture education, and the FFA. He has an energetic personality and takes his studies at Trinity High School very seriously. It has been exciting for me as an agriculture teacher to work with a student that shares the same passion for agriculture and the FFA.

He originally enrolled in agriculture programming his freshman year of high school when he left his home school district to pursue his passion in learning more about agriculture. Kalvin has become increasingly active in the National FFA Organization which is a youth organization specifically, a career and technical student organization based on his high school classes that promote and support agricultural education.

Kalvin has taken on a wide range of roles in the Trinity FFA; most recently, this school year, Kalvin is the Trinity FFA President. His leadership ability has improved remarkably. Kalvin has also held the office of Trinity FFA Chapter Sentinel and has received awards such as the Greenhand Degree Award, the FFA Chapter Degree Award; moreover, at the FFA Midwinter Convention at the 106st 2022 Pennsylvania Farm Show, he will receive the highest FFA degree in the state of Pennsylvania FFA: the Keystone Degree Award. What I enjoy most about working with Kalvin is that he is an eager and motivated student. He is always properly prepared for class and FFA events and performs the leadership role that an FFA President should perform.

Beyond his abilities, Kalvin is kind, helpful, fun and an affable human being. He is easy to be around and is able to share his kindness to all who know him. It is my pleasure to nominate him for THS Student of the Month.

Nominated by Mrs. Robin Durila