Student of the Month: September – Ava Robinson

It is my pleasure to nominate Ava Robinson as THS Student of the Month for September. Ava’s academic excellence, leadership skills, and genuine personality have helped her to earn the respect of both faculty and her peers. 

An unremitting Honor Roll Student, Ava has taken over a dozen AP and Honors courses at the high school, is an active member and treasurer of the National Honor Society, and earned first place last year at the Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science competition. She was an active participant while in my English 10 Honors class and brought her unique insight and humor into our discussion on a daily basis. 

Ava’s personal strengths are as impressive as her intellectual accomplishments. She is a kind, motivated, outgoing presence and is known as a leader to her classmates and our school’s staff and administration. Her cheerful nature and openness to feedback means she’s always learning and growing as a learner; an impressive strength that will continue to serve her well in college and beyond. She is a very fast learner, she asks questions when needed, and she is always interested in helping others. It’s rare to find a student so capable, enthusiastic, and motivated in all her endeavors. 

Furthermore, Ava is involved in a variety of activities and interests outside of the classroom. A talented equestrian, she is a horseback riding instructor and a member of the International Barrel Racing Association. For the past four years, she has volunteered countless hours at the Rocking K Ranch Horse Camp during her summers. She is also a member of the varsity cross country team and is an avid skier. She plays French horn in the band and is Student Body secretary. 

When Ava says she is going to do something, consider it done and done well. Ava brings pride to our school and her family with her mature manner. Most notably, I have been impressed by her overall character and integrity. Ava holds high expectations for herself, which is evident in the conscientious way she approaches any task. She leads by example and has accomplished much success while at Trinity High School; therefore, she is an obvious choice for THS Student of the Month. 

Nominated by Ms. Kristen Shaw