Seniors sing their way through high school

Senior+Chase+Johns+prepares+to+sing+his+solo+of+Her+Voice+from+the+Little+Mermaid.+

Courtesy of the musical live stream

Senior Chase Johns prepares to sing his solo of “Her Voice” from the Little Mermaid.

Trinity’s art and music programs have undoubtedly showcased stellar talent throughout the years, and this year was no exception. Although a full musical could not be produced like usual, Trinity still managed to put on a production that allowed for one last performance on the Trinity stage for seniors. 

Instead of a usual full-scale production, Trinity produced “Memories of Shows Gone By,” which was a collection of songs from the past four years, perfromed solo or in duets by students. This year, seniors Madison Thong, Jeffrey Reynolds, Chase Johns and Alyssa Garner all had the opportunity to perform, in addition to underclassman. 

Current seniors have been in high school for the productions of The Little Mermaid, Annie Get Your Gun, Annie, and Memories of Shows Gone By, respectively. 

Reynolds performed a rendition of “Something was Missing” from Annie, Johns performed “Her Voice” from The Little Mermaid and Garner performed “Little Girls” from Annie. 

Thong performed “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid and she had a duet with Junior Daniel Lee to “Old-Fashioned Wedding” from Annie Get Your Gun. She has also performed in Trinity’s productions of Barnum, The Wizard of Oz, Annie Get Your Gun, The Little Mermaid and Annie. Outside of Trinity, she has also participated in Washington Community Theatre’s productions of Fiddler on the Roof, Mary Poppins, Urinetown, Nifty Fifties, Hairspray, Groovy! and Mamma Mia. In addition, she has been in Jingle Jury and Bigger Than Life with Performance Workshop. 

Thong loves performing, and she plans to continue post-graduation. She will be majoring in Theatre Arts Self-Directed at Point Park University. Her aptitude for the craft stems from her desire to “make someone’s day better than what it was a few moments ago,” which is evident in her performances. 

Thong would like to send a big thank you to Mrs. Child, Mr. Komula, Mrs. Digon, Sadie Digon, Stephanie, Mr. Bryant, Musical Moms, Mr. Hilty, Mr. Lowry, Mrs. Helinski and Rebecca MacTaggart for all of their help, support and memories. 

Reynolds will attend Grove City College, Garner will attend Penn State Behrend and Johns will attend Baldwin Wallace post-graduation. 

Best of luck to all of this year’s musical seniors in all of their future endeavors and thank you for sharing all of your talent throughout high school!