Marlaina Bozek swings her way into college

Mark Marietta

Senior Marlaina Bozek is thrilled to continue her softball career at George Mason University. This picture of Bozek was taken of her playing shortstop during her junior year.

Trinity High School Senior Marlaina Bozek discovered her love for softball when she was five years old and still plays to this day. In fact, she is committed to continue in the sport that she loves by playing softball at George Mason University next fall. 

George Mason University is a public research university located in Fairfax County near Fairfax City in Virginia. Goerge Mason’s softball program is a NCAA Division I program. Bozek plans to play as a shortstop, the same position she played in high school.

She said, “As soon as I stepped foot on the campus, I knew it was for me. It was a suburban school right outside of a city and just the perfect fit. Between falling in love with the school and getting to achieve my dream of playing Division I softball, I knew it was right.” 

Bozek was also a part of other sports and activities in her high school years. She enjoys playing the piano, writing and drawing, and she was a member of the tennis and basketball team. 

“I’m going to miss my childhood friends and the bond that I’ve had with everyone I’ve played sports with. I’ll also miss the amazing teachers that have helped me get to where I am today. I’m sad that us seniors aren’t going to get our last, but the school has done so much to give us memories. My favorite softball memory is being able to play in playoff games the last two years with my friends on the team. I also enjoyed the spring training trips we went on every March,” Bozek explained. 

During her time at Trinity, Bozek made many memories with friends and teachers. As her journey through high school ends, she is excited to start her new adventure at college.

Bozek stated,  “Trinity High School will always be such an important part of my story and I’m so thankful for everyone who has impacted my life. We might not have gotten to finish, but we made the most of these years with one another. Go Hillers!”

In addition to playing softball she will be majoring in Biology, where she plans to become a physician’s assistant or to continue her education by going to medical school. Bozek also hopes to go on mission trips, study abroad and play tennis for fun during her time at George Mason.

Congratulations to Marlaina Bozek and her acceptance to George Mason University’s Biology program and commitment to play softball!