Student of the Month: February – Daniel Lee

It is my pleasure to nominate Daniel Lee for THS Student of the Month. I have had the pleasure of knowing Daniel for the past three years on both an educational and personal basis. I consider him to be an enthusiastic young gentleman who consistently strives for excellence. 

His knowledge of Accounting, Excel, and software application is demonstrated daily by his willingness to help out his fellow classmates through cooperative learning. Whether it be helping with an assignment or simply listening to a problem, Daniel is always there with a smile on his face and words of encouragement. He definitely puts the needs and feelings of others before himself. Even with Daniel’s rigorous course load and extracurricular activities, he is still able to maintain an A average in Accounting IV. He has also successfully completed Accounting I, II and III with an A average. Daniel is truly a team player and an outstanding student. 

Moreover, he applies the same effort to reach his full potential in his extracurricular involvement. Daniel is an active member of Tri-M National Music Honor Society, FBLA (Treasurer, Regional second place medalist and State qualifier in Job Interview), Trinity State Convention (voting delegate and State qualifier), Junior Achievement (Titan Statewide Competition third place medalist), DECA (Regional first place medalist and State qualifier), Speech and Debate (Treasurer, three year State qualifier, sixth place State medalist in Prose and the first Trinity student named to the One Act Play All State Cast), PMEA (Regional qualifier), Voice of Democracy/VFW Essay and Speech Competition (Trinity first place), Pittsburgh Public Theater’s Shakespeare Festival, Literary Journal (co-editor, marketing director, and contributor), Trinity Alumni Wall of Honor Committee Student Representative and presenter, Trinity Leadership Committee, Chick-fil-A Leadership Academy, Friends of Rachel Club, and the THS Morning Show (Clubs and Activities Reporter). 

In summary, Daniel’s study habits as well as his computer and communication skills are phenomenal. His character, energy, and integrity sets him apart from his peers; he is truly an amazing young man. He is the type of individual that gives 100% in everything that he does. Therefore, I highly recommend Daniel Lee for our February THS Student of the Month. 

Nominated by Mrs. Elizabeth Husk