Trinity undergoes parking changes

October Editorial

Trinity students and faculty are having to adjust to new parking requirements.  In previous years, student drivers parked behind the gymnasium and the teachers parked in the front lot.  However, this year the students and teachers have swapped spots, mainly due to safety concerns.

Mr. Samosky, principal, explained, “The new parking protocol for students was recommended by law enforcement to increase safety and security.”

All students are now required to enter through the welcome center while every other entrance to the school is being monitored closely.  Crossing guards are also on standby to make sure students enter the school safely and to keep traffic flowing. Numerous rules have been enforced and breaking them can result in the student’s parking pass being revoked.

Many students have mixed emotions on the new parking setup.

Serena Hunsberger, senior, stated, “I enjoy the new parking. Since I have early release, it is convenient that I can get to my car fast after signing out rather than walking all the way to the back of the school.”

Other student drivers who don’t get out early have different views on the new parking rules. They seem to have mixed feelings on staying in the cafeteria until all the buses leave.

Lizzie Herrnberger, junior, explained, “I like sitting in the cafeteria because we get to socialize with our friends that we don’t get to see in school.”

Another student had a different opinion on the matter.

Bayli Miles, junior, stated, “Although I do like parking in the front, I wish we didn’t have to wait in the cafeteria for so long.”

Although the new parking spaces may be more convenient for students, who now must enter the building through the main doors, some faculty members have had some difficulties adjusting to their new spots this year.

“I preferred my old parking space because I drive a rather big truck called a Ford 250, and it is more of an inconvenience for those that park around me now than it was before,” explained Herr McLaughlin, German teacher.

Students and teachers may need some time to adjust to the new parking arrangements as the school year continues.