Flickinger heads off to Penn State

Trinity+Senior%2C+Evelyn+Flickinger%2C+heads+off+onto+a+new+chapter+of+her+life+at+Penn+State+University.+

Jeannine Bonadio

Trinity Senior, Evelyn Flickinger, heads off onto a new chapter of her life at Penn State University.

Each year seniors from all different backgrounds chose a specific college to help them reach their career. Evelyn Flickinger has decided to attend Penn State and major in music education. Flickinger knew she wanted to study music education  during the summer of her junior year.

Flickinger decided to go into music education because even though she doesn’t have much experience with teaching, she loved helping the students in the Trinity band make music and learn. Flickinger also has quite a history with music. She plays clarinet, saxophone and violin and plans to stay with clarinet forever.

In college, because of her major, she will learn to play additional instruments because it is important for her to know the basics of all the instruments that she will be teaching others to play. Flickinger plans to become a middle or high school band director with this degree.

Flickinger states that being in the Trinity music department has influenced her greatly to go into music education. She says that being in a group that had fun and was constantly improving made her love for the clarinet and making music even greater.

Penn State consistently scores within the top one percent of universities in the world. Flickinger has had multiple members in her family attend this university such as her mom, dad, sister, and some extended family. She decided to go to this college because she went to a music camp there last summer and fell in love with the campus. Flickinger will be staying on the main campus because it is a requirement for freshmen, but she believes it will be a fun time. Flickinger’s time was well spent in the Trinity music department during her four years at the high school. She says that she didn’t realize how much she would miss high school, though she is excited for her next chapter at Penn State. Congratulations, Evelyn Flickinger, on the accomplishment!