Trinity welcomes Mr.Scarmazzi

Trinity welcomes Mr.Scarmazzi

Mr. Scarmazzi stops to have his picture taken before he starts helping students learn.

This year, Trinity High School has welcomed many new teachers. One of these new members of the Hiller family is Mr. Scarmazzi, who co-teaches ninth grade World History with Mr. Dunn.

Scarmazzi attended California University to become a special education teacher and has now been teaching for five years. Prior to teaching at Trinity, Scarmazzi worked at Southwood, a mental health hospital, in which he taught all ninth grade subjects. 

He explained that teaching over the years has made him feel like he is not as “mean” as he thought he was. 

“Trinity is different from my last school because people are in better moods, it’s faster paced and there are a lot more opportunities for students,” said Scarmazzi. 

The reason Scarmazzi chose social studies in particular is because he wanted students to learn about history the right way. His favorite topics in social studies are World War I and World War II, and his goal for the year is to ensure that all students learn something new. 

Scarmazzi explained that he loves “watching kids grow from the beginning of the year to the end and meeting their goals.”

He did however say that one rewarding thing about teaching is getting summers off. 

“It gives you a mental break after a long school year,” said Scarmazzi.

Trinity is always ready to welcome new people into the Hiller family like Scarmazzi. 

Trinity thanks him for choosing to join the Hiller family.