Student of the Month: November

Student of the Month: November

It is my pleasure to nominate Ann Kozak as THS Student of the Month for November. 

Ann’s leadership and organizational skills have helped her to achieve academic excellence. She has taken over a dozen AP and Honors courses at the high school, is an unremitting Honor Roll Student, is an active member of the National Honor Society, and is one of the top-ranking students in her class. She has received academic awards, such as the Ed Owens Memorial Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science Award, Society of Women Engineers Certificate of Merit Award, THS Outstanding Academic Achievement Mathematics Award, AP National Scholar, and she placed first at the regional and state competitions for PJAS. Her utilization of proper time management skills allowed her to accomplish those honorable grades in spite of her challenging schedule. She also scored a 5 on the AP Calculus AB Exam; a score of which only 19% of the nation achieved. 

Ann’s personal strengths are as impressive as her intellectual accomplishments. She is a kind, motivated, outgoing presence in class and is known as a leader to her classmates and our school’s staff and administration. Her cheerful nature and openness to feedback mean she’s always learning and growing as a learner; an impressive strength that will continue to serve her well in college and beyond. Based on what I’ve witnessed as her AP Calculus AB and Honors Oracle Academy teacher, in regards to her grades, attendance, and class participation, I’d rate her academic performance in my classes as exceptional. She is a very fast learner, she asks questions when needed, and she is always interested in helping others. 

Furthermore, Ann is involved in a multitude of activities throughout the district: THS Academic League, Student Council, Speech and Debate Team, Math League, Mock Trial, German Club, Peer Jury, Student School Safety Committee, Friends Of Rachel Club, and varsity softball team. In all of Ann’s efforts, she consistently establishes an excellent rapport with her colleagues and keeps an ongoing motivational attitude. She has been voted as class President since her freshman year and also serves on the Principal Advisory Committee; moreover, she is President of the Trinity Leadership Committee and Chick-fil-A Leader Academy. She’s portrayed her humanitarian efforts by volunteering at her church, at local nursing homes, the food bank, and at numerous events in the area. 

Ann Kozak is a respectful, hard-working, compassionate student and is a friend who supports others in and out of the classroom. She leads by example, and I find her thoughtfulness and enthusiasm both inspiring and motivating. She sets her expectations high and works to achieve her goals. She is a true role model for our student body; therefore, she is an obvious choice for the THS Student of the Month. 

Nominated by Mrs. Alyssa Cotton