Student of the Month: October

Student of the Month: October

Jonathan Brodak is a driven, motivated young man who is dedicated to becoming notably successful in the future. He is one of the brightest and most articulate mature young men that I ever had the pleasure of teaching in my 27 years. 

He is always prepared for class and takes his academic career very seriously. He shows a quick grasp of important, complex issues, and is frequently ready to offer useful, as well as insightful, contributions in class. With an uncanny curiosity for knowledge, Jonathan has developed into a well-rounded confident individual. On quite a few occasions, we have discussed the importance of being a life-long learner and forcing ourselves to think with a variety of perspectives. He is always looking for different viewpoints and is very culturally aware of the many differences within the world, the United States and his regional home area as well. 

His consistent high grades demonstrate his ability to manage time wisely– a very important quality for any individual. He is a role model and a leader to my younger students. He leads by example. It is not often that a student comes along that represents the very essence of our country with morals, outstanding work ethic, goals, intelligence, and kindness. Jonathan Brodak is a truly admirable young man. 

His achievements and devotion to duty are in keeping with the highest traditions of humanism and reflect great credit upon himself, his parents and his teachers. Not only as a teacher, but also the community service hours facilitator for the National Honor Society, I recognize Jonathan’s incomparable hours of service to Trinity Area High School and Washington County, Pennsylvania. He is an all-around quality student and citizen. He is quite a remarkable conversationalist on current topics of intellectual interest. In view of these strong qualities, I wholeheartedly recommend him for THS Student of the Month. 

Nominated by Herr John McLaughlin