Football team kicks it into high gear

Football team kicks it into high gear

Avery Kern (55), Micah Finley (24), and Nathan Seaman (72) defend the endzone against Thomas Jefferson

Olympus Staff

Olympus Staff

Olympus Staff

There is no doubt that the Trinity Hillers football team experienced many changes during the 2019-2020 season. The team has faced a variety of challenges, including adjustments due to injuries and new players. 

Captain Austin Beels is very enthusiastic about the season, but explained that losing two quarterbacks in one season has been an adjustment for the entire team. After losing quarterback Talon Cain to a severe injury during the first game, the team had to search for a replacement. The new quarterback will be senior Jax Banco, a returning football player. 

Coach Miller says he has not seen these adjustments as a dent in the season, but rather as a time to plan and prepare for any future problems that may arise. 

Miller commented, “the players need to know it is next man up, get ready.”

The team has also had to adjust to incoming freshmen and new members of the team. 

Freshman Ty Banco, a varsity starter, expressed that he is hopeful the team will “break records and win many games.”

Banco also elaborated that while injured players change aspects of the team, it forces the team to push through training, work harder than ever, and learn to bounce back.

He advises that “working in the weight room,” is the best way to train before games.

“We hope to make it to the playoffs. I also wish to remind any new or current players to never give up.” Beels expressed.

The team will continue to work hard throughout the rest of the season, and hopes to win. Team members and coaches both wish to thank fans, parents, and students for supporting the team, no matter what.

So far, the team has worked hard to be the best they can, and recently experienced a rewarding win over Ringgold. The Trinity Hillers next away game will be at Indiana High School on September 27. The following week, the team will play their biggest rival, Belle Vernon, at home on October 4. The game will start at 7p.m., and will include the presentation of the 2019/2020 Homecoming Court.