Seniors are diving to an end

Seniors are diving to an end

The quote,

The quote, "Follow your passion. It will lead you to your purpose," is a reminder to the seniors to follow their dreams and work hard after high school.

Maddie Spencer

Maddie Spencer

Maddie Spencer

An era has almost ended. An era of my mom screaming for me to wake up 50 times every morning. An era of constantly being negative ten dollars in my lunch account. But most importantly, an era of me attending high school has almost ended. Now, to be honest, I am quite confused about what I am supposed to do when I leave. Do I throw away the millions of mechanical pencils I have stolen from other students throughout my process at THS? Should I follow all my teachers on facebook now? I truly never thought I would make it to this day so I am a bit unprepared for the future.

Since after High School marks the beginning of adulthood, how can I become a civilized, mature human being in a short amount time? To begin, having a plan after High School is extremely important when looking forward. College, which I will be attending, is the most common plan for after High School. Attending trade schools and applying for the workforce right after High School is common too!  Being able to support yourself financially is essential for adulthood, so having source of income should be everyone’s goal after High School.

Another major problem that I have with leaving High School is the social aspect. It is weird growing up with the same kids since 6th grade then never seeing half of them again. Not seeing the same teachers everyday might take some getting used to, too! It is cool to see where everyone ends up in life, however, it is still odd to me how we all go our own ways after.

Finally, I am most confused on what to do with all my Trinity merchandise and binders. I mean, I have enough THS clothing to dress the whole district. Also, my binders are the heavy-duty, expensive ones but I highly doubt I need 25 binders for college. It seems like i’m going to have to start my own Hiller Shop!

As I become an alumni, I would like to thank Trinity for giving me memories and an education, even if I still have no idea what to do after!