Seniors choose alternate path

Seniors choose alternate path

Seniors Mike Funaro and Jayson Burgess are going into the workforce right after high school.

Riley Moore

Riley Moore

Riley Moore

As the school year winds down, seniors are forced to face the future. Some look onto the future with great excitement, while others nervously await June 7. But, no matter how seniors feel about leaving their Alma Mater, in less than a month the class of 2019 will be walking out of Trinity High School with a diploma regardless of how they feel.

Many students will go on to a college or university, study, and in four more years get yet another diploma and then a job. Other students, however, have a different outlook on how they want their life to work out, straying away from the traditional college scene.

After high school, Senior Jayson Burgess plans to attend trade school in order to pursue masonry. Once he has successfully established himself, he would like to start his own business that teaches young people the importance of trades in America.

Burgess commented, “I’m not going to college. I’ve always had a strong mind and despite what others think I’m very smart. Just the way my brain works, I’m happier using my time to work with my hands and get dirty.”

Senior Mike Funaro also plans to attend trade school after graduation and focus on his goal of becoming an electrician.

Funaro talked about how he feels about his post-graduation plans, saying, “I’m excited, it’s just a new chapter to look forward to. But, I’m also nervous because things are changing.”

Senior Shane Scott plans to join the military straight out of high school. After his time serving, Scott would like to attend college in pursuit of Mechanical Engineering.

Scott further elaborated on his plans, commenting, “I chose this path because it’s what I’m familiar with. I feel like it would be something I would enjoy.

Whether attending college, trade school, or taking a gap year, take in the last few moments of high school and enjoy the summer. Congratulations Jayson, Michael and Shane and congratulations class of 2019 on your well-deserved success.