Klepsky gets “write” into her future

Klepsky+spends+her+free+time+in+the+library+practicing+her+writing+skills.+

Klepsky gets “write” into her future

Klepsky spends her free time in the library practicing her writing skills.

Angela Pinkerton

Angela Pinkerton

Angela Pinkerton

As graduation nears and college creeps closer, many high school seniors may feel pressured to know exactly what their future will hold. Some students may find this an easy task, but others may feel that this is the hardest decision they’ve ever had to make.

For students that fall in the first group, it is possible that they have been planning their career goals for years. This is the case for Senior Hannah Klepsky, who has planned to become a writer since middle school. Klepsky will be attending California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U) in the fall to major in English, with a concentration in Creative Writing.

Writing is the only career that Klepsky has seriously considered, and admits she has rarely considered any other options.

Klepsky stated, “I began writing as a creative and emotional outlet in middle school and fell in love with that form of self expression.”

She self-described her writing style as “descriptive narrative” and enjoys writing plots similar to the novels she enjoys reading: fantasy/dystopian novels. Her favorite authors are modern novelists Cassandra Clare and Rick Riordan, as she most enjoys their writing styles.

Klepsky has chosen Cal U as the place to further her education and writing style mainly for price and location, citing that she is commuting her first year. She feels that she would prefer the comforts of her own home during her freshman year.

Klepsky has high hopes for her future endeavors where writing is concerned, and hopes to use college as a time to really perfect her writing.

“I’d like to have something officially published, so I’ll be doing a lot of writing through and after college. I’m not totally sure as to what else I’ll be doing, but I would like to be surrounded by books,” explains Klepsky.

Despite not having anything in a major publication (yet), for anyone who would to read her work, Klepsky has submitted her writings to he literary journal all four years of high school.