Student of the Month: May

It is my pleasure to nominate Julia Chakos as THS Student of the Month for May.

Julia has immersed herself in both academic and athletic endeavors here at Trinity High School, attaining success in both areas. In addition to her dedication to her studies and sports, she finds time to serve as Student Council president and class Vice President. Moreover, she is a member of the National Honor Society, Orchestra, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Peer Jury, Athena School Representative, Chick-Fil-A Leadership Academy, Trinity Leadership Committee, Students Helping Others, and Wellness Food Committee.

Julia has achieved success in athletics as well. She is a member of the soccer, basketball, and the track and field teams. She has been selected as the team captain in all three sports. Julia has been selected as the team MVP in both soccer and track. She was part of the girls’ basketball PIAA Runner-up team. Julia has also competed at the PIAA state track and field meet two years in a row placing in the top 20. She has also set three school records in track and field.

In addition to all her school activities, Julia finds time to volunteer in her community. She has helped with youth basketball and soccer camp and the Greek Orthodox Youth Association, worked as a teacher assistant at vacation bible school, and prepared/served lunches to the homeless. Julia also finds time to hold jobs at Chakos Child Care Services, Chakos lawn care, Daedalus Construction, and as a Soccer Referee.

Julia demonstrates outstanding leadership abilities, shows compassion for others, displays a great sense of humor, and exhibits a diligent work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field. She is very respectful of people of all ages and diversities. Julia will be continuing her academic and athletic career at Bucknell University focusing on education and competing with the track and field team in the fall.

Nominated by Coach Mac