Dad jokes are thriving

Dad jokes are thriving

Mr. Koroly is known for his dad jokes. Here, he is doing the pre-calculus dab.

Krista Lebar

Krista Lebar

Krista Lebar

Dad jokes are known to make any person laugh. They are very cheesy, clever and punny (ba dum psstt). They are the pinnacle of all jokes. Some known dad jokes are, “What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta,” “How does a penguin build its house? Igloos it together,” and “I’ll call you later. Don’t call me later, call me dad.” Teens use these jokes for pure amusement, and the reactions are funny.

The first dad joke was found on the internet in 2003. There is a rumor that dad jokes were created in the mid 1980s, but it could even be earlier than that. Dad jokes received very little attention until June 2013 when celebrities, past presidents and many others started using them. While most are found on the internet, some people take the time to come up with their own. The Hiller Newspaper’s Co-Editor in Chief, Maria Cimino, and Feature Editor, Morgan Kafana, came up with their own joke. The joke is, “How does a mermaid have a baby? By Sea-section.” This joke shows how much free time they really have when hanging out with each other.

Sophomore Erin Popeck shared her favorite dad joke: “Knock knock. Who’s there? Hula. Hula who? *pop noise*.”

Some jokes can be inappropriate, but that is why most people lean toward the cheesy, Dad ones.

Sophomore Lucie Towers said, “My favorite joke is the mushroom one: Why did the mushroom go to the party? Because he was a fun-gi.”

Celebrities have used dad jokes as captions for their pictures to give their fans something to laugh about. Ryan Reynolds is known to “fight” with his wife, Blake Lively, on social media. They both use jokes on their Instagram captions that make fans laugh. Dad jokes can be made about anything and anyone.

Freshman Ava Robinson said, “What do you call an alligator that works for Wall Street? An invest-i-gator! Haha! I am so funny.”

In my opinion, dad jokes are great. I say them all the time whether they are good or bad jokes (they are mostly bad). My friends and I share them with each other in the hopes to make us laugh. I recommend dad jokes to anyone who wants to try them.

Dad jokes are the most popular type of joke and will leave everyone laughing.

• Dad jokes are thriving

Editorial

Seniors are diving to an end

• Opinion

WWCD?

• Opinion

Senior Survey Questions

• Dad jokes are thriving

Opinion Articles

Splitting Debate: How to prepare banana splits

• Opinion

WWCD?

• Dad jokes are thriving

Opinion

Senioritis in full swing

• Opinion

Prom fashion promises to be spectacular

• Dad jokes are thriving

Opinion Articles

Reality TV is ruining pop culture

• Dad jokes are thriving

Editorial

Is cheating worth it?

• What Would Chelsea Do?

WWCD?

Dad jokes are thriving