Prom fashion promises to be spectacular

Trinity High School’s prom is just around the corner, meaning that both boys and girls alike are rushing to put the finishing touches on their formal attire. For some, however, the few weeks is looking grave as they are still searching for the perfect ensemble. Regardless of what stage of the prom-planning process everyone is in, one thing is for certain: this year’s prom fashion is going to be absolutely dazzling.

As predicted, illusion gowns and dresses are some of this year’s most popular pieces. The design of these dresses often include pattern shaped cut-outs, which gives the style a playful, yet sophisticated look. Two-piece gowns will once again make their way onto the prom runway for the fourth year in a row. This style of dress creates a youthful, trendy mood and requires confidence to pull off.

When it comes to this type of dress, Senior Amy Lin commented, “Just whatever you do, don’t look like Kim Kardashian because it’s not practical.”

If a trendy gown is not what a girl is looking for, then a princess ball gown will always be in style. Moreover, for the first time in years, short cocktail-like dresses will be making an appearance at prom, contrary to the standard floor length dresses that are typically seen on the ballroom floor. Dainty lace gowns with sleeves and strapless cocktail dresses embellished with sequins, metallic fabrics, and spectacular beadwork will also be a showstopper this year.

Senior Brooke Franco added, “No matter what you wear just don’t dress with the theme, it’s too hard. Plus, you run into the risk of having the same dress as another girl, and trust me, that will wreck a girl’s heart.”

For men’s fashion the classic “black tux” look is getting a trendy upgrade. Navy blue and charcoal tuxes paired with bright, floral ties will be all the rage and will be certain to have people talking.

Junior Wyatt Johnson said, “I prefer the trendy styles because it’s so much better when everyone expresses themselves.”

Remember to be prepared for the dance ahead of time by coordinating colors with a date. However, there is no need to match perfectly as long as the colors chosen are in the same color scheme as your partner. Also, if one is going with friends, still try to avoid clashing colors. For example, when wearing a dark gray tux remember not pair it with a canary yellow tie.

No matter what you wear, just be confident. In the words of Oscar de la Renta, “Fashion is about dressing according to what’s fashionable. Style is more about being yourself.”

Prom fashion promises to be spectacular