Trinity girls’ basketball team is on fire

Senior Julia Chakos looks to find an open teammate while being guarded by a defender.

Mark Marietta

Mark Marietta

Mark Marietta

The Trinity girls’ basketball team has a reputation of being one of the toughest competitors in their section. And as the 2018-19 season rolls along, the above statement still holds true. The team is coached by Mr. Miles and the team has made some very impressive headway early in the season with captains Julia Chakos and Riley DeRubbo leading them to a 7-3 section record and a 9-7 overall record.

When it comes to the team as a whole, Junior Maddie Crumrine says, “We owe our success to hard work and commitment.”

Although the girls have given their all and made some outstanding progress this season, they are still destined to face some tough opponents.

Chakos, the team’s only senior, commented saying, “Chartiers Valley has a very good team this year and is ranked first in the state. It’s our goal to beat them.”

However, with the group practicing between twelve and sixteen hours a week and with their dedication, teamwork and hard-working nature, they will be sure to give the Colts a run for their money.

Sophomore Courtney Dahlquist states, “Our strength is how well we play as team and our defense. But, we are a young team that has to work through some issues in order to get more experience.”

The team has five games left and the next girls’ basketball game is at home on Monday, January 30 at 7:30 p.m. against Laurel Highlands Senior High School. Congratulations on a great start to the season and good luck to the team on their future endeavors. And a special congratulations to Julia Chakos who recently received the CBS Pittsburgh Extra Effort Award.

• Winter

Brown controversy intensifies throughout offseason

• Trinity girls’ basketball team is on fire

Winter

Trinity wrestling’s keys to success: loyalty, attitude, guts

Winter

Boys basketball shoots for playoffs

Winter

Indoor track starts new season

Winter

Trinity’s rifle team back at it again

Winter

Trinity swimming dives into season

Spring

King takes field for Pitt-Greensburg

Showcase

Good Luck Hiller Senior Staff Members

• Feature

Seniors engage in Civic Service

Feature

Seniors choose alternate path