HOSA takes Trinity by storm

HOSA takes Trinity by storm

Any student who attended the winter sports assembly on Friday, December 21, 2018, witnessed two of the school’s most loved teachers get pied in the face. Both Mr. Polansky and Coach Miller gladly participated in the “pie a teacher in the face” fundraiser sponsored by H.O.S.A, or the Health Occupations Students of America.

Junior H.O.S.A. Vice President Richard Mersky said, “In one of our meetings the idea came up to have a ‘pie in the face’ contest among the students to raise money for us as well as just some good ol’ fashioned fun.”

The event ended up being successful enough to help sustain the club and its sixty members. The members plan to have a fundraiser every month until the end of the school year in hopes of meeting their goal of buying equipment for the program.

The program itself originated from Mr. Porterfield’s health and medicine classes and focuses on learning how to perform basic medical care such as wrapping injuries, measuring blood pressure and pulse and even earning a CPR certification.

Senior H.O.S.A. secretary Kayelyn Brophy stated, “The club was introduced to Trinity this year when Mr. Porterfield returned to Trinity. There are two classes offered and the classes are intertwined with the club. But, the mission of the club is to prepare students for careers in the healthcare field and allowing us to learn and compete with other charters across the country.”

All of the members seem to be extremely passionate about the club and its purpose, especially the established officers who are working hard to create a firm foundation for H.O.S.A.’s future years. The H.O.S.A. officers include President Mayli Bennett, Vice Presidents Victoria Ealy and  Mersky, Treasurer Courtney Dahlquist, Secretaries Brophy and Jade Miller, and Parliamentarian Caleb Negley.

Senior H.O.S.A Parliamentarian Caleb Negley sums up the club saying, “I like learning about the human body and care about the specifics of medical technology. I also like sports and I want to know more about body injuries and how to treat them.”

Congratulations on a outstanding start to the club, and good luck with future endeavors. If students would like to learn more about the club visit the verified Instagram page @hillerhosa.

• News

Students forget about aspects of college

• HOSA takes Trinity by storm

News

Seniors’ graduation approaches

• HOSA takes Trinity by storm

News

Students going in different directions

• HOSA takes Trinity by storm

News

MacTaggart wins national scholarship

• HOSA takes Trinity by storm

News

Kody Oravetz brings history back to life

• HOSA takes Trinity by storm

News

Seniors stress about Saturday make-up day

• HOSA takes Trinity by storm

News

Berty wins 2019 Pittsburgh Adviser of the Year Award

• HOSA takes Trinity by storm

News

Inhibition in recycling leads to innovation in communities

• News

Admissions scandal still affects teenage influencers

• HOSA takes Trinity by storm

News

Clock begins ticking toward election time

HOSA takes Trinity by storm